Coventry Removals Company
Do you need a house Removals Company in Coventry? We offer Fast Free Quotes, great prices and have fantastic customer reviews.
We would like to find out what is important to you when choosing a removal company to help with your move to or from Coventry.
Call our friendly removal experts to discuss your removal, or maybe you just need some tips and advice about home moving.
Get Your Free Quote Today
Complete our simple quote form, fast easy quotes at great prices!
Why Choose Us?
Professional high quality family run business
Moving local people since 1935
Fully insured giving you a peace of mind
Friendly, fully trained and CRB checked team
We will always be on time guaranteed
See what our happy customers
say about our service:
Looking to save money?
Move Monday – Wednesday for a discount
Need secure storage at
Let us call You
Simply complete the form below and we will call you back at your convenience
Moving in Coventry? We are conveniently located to offer a range of removals and storage services in Coventry and the surrounding areas. We offer a local and reliable removal and storage services for people moving within Coventry or the surrounding areas or even further away in the UK.
Coventry Removals Company – Henry & Son Ltd.
Henry and Son Ltd has over 30 years experience moving families in and around Coventry. We are a family run removals business and care about our customers and feel that our values of respect, courtesy and punctuality have set us apart from our competitors. From your first call our highly trained team will make sure that your move runs smoothly. We employ local people that follow written processes and procedures ensuring you get the very best experience for your Coventry House Removal.
After our initial contact we will arrange for a surveyor to visit your home or premises to discuss your requirements in detail. Even at this stage we are always happy to offer any help and advice that may be needed. You will receive a free comprehensive quotation. This will include a detailed plan of your removal. Here at Henry and Son Removals we aim to always be “Removing your Stress”
Why Move To Coventry?
Coventry is a city in central England. It’s known for the medieval Coventry Cathedral, which was left in ruins after a WWII bombing. A 20th-century replacement, with abstract stained glass, stands beside it. The collection at the Herbert Art Gallery & Museum includes paintings of local heroine Lady Godiva. A statue of her, naked on horseback, is nearby. The 14th-century St. Mary’s Guildhall has a vaulted crypt.
Education – Coventry has a brilliant University – a dynamic university that provides high quality education to our students, reinforced by the fact that we were awarded Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (2017). We continue to invest in our staff, students and facilities as part of our goal to become one of the UK’s leading universities.
Planning Your Removal Day
Planning and preparation are essential for a smooth house move, in addition It can feel like there are a million and one things to do. There are certainly a lot of things to organise, so a well-planned, methodical approach will make all the difference and ease any moving stress. With this in mind your countdown needs to start a couple of months before your moving date, and certainly no later than a month before.
Two Months Before Removal Day
It may seem a really long time away, also time will pass quickly, and you don’t want to hold things up once the moving process really starts to gather pace. For this reason it’s a good idea to:
• Find a solicitor to handle your conveyancing.
• Start a moving folder and keep all your documentation together in one place.
• Begin clearing out the items stored in your loft!
One Month Before Removal Day
• Inform schools of your children’s finish and start dates, Set up post forwarding with the post office.
• You need to notify the DVLA, Doctors, Dentists, Gas, Electric, TV, Phone, Banks, Councils, Insurance Companies and other key organisations of your new address.
• Label each box with the room in the new home to which it should be delivered. This will help the removals team
to get on with their job on moving day without having to keep stopping to ask you.
• Pack some “Open me first” boxes containing essential items that you will need immediately. Make sure these are clearly
marked so they don’t get buried under other boxes. See our ‘Packing Like a Pro’ section for more packing tips.
On Removal Day
• Talk to your removals team about the best time to pack chilled/frozen food. In particular you want to give yourself enough time to pack food items, but to minimise the amount of time that food is out of the fridge/freezer.
• Pack a bag of personal items you may need during the move. If you have children, pack a bag of games and activities for
the trip; remember, you may have to wait for key release, so you’ll need something to keep them occupied.
• Plan to call your solicitor at around 10.30am to check on money transfers and find out what time the key will be released.