Professional Home Removals In Hinckley
Call now for a Free quotation, great prices and fantastic customer reviews. We would like to find out what is important to you when choosing a removal company to help with your move?
Did you know we are an award winning team of 25 staff, 6 large removal vehicles and 15,000 sqft of storage warehousing? To make sure we get it right we follow specific removal processes and procedures to ensure you get a removal service that exceeds your expectations.
Get Your Free Quote Today
Complete our simple quote form
Why Choose Us?
Professional high quality family run business
Moving local people since 1935
Fully insured giving you a peace of mind
Friendly, fully trained and CRB checked team
We will always be on time guaranteed
See what our happy customers
say about our service:
Looking to save money?
Move Monday – Wednesday for a discount
Need secure storage at
Let us call You
Simply complete the form below and we will call you back at your convenience
Hinckley Removals Company
Henry & Son is a leading UK removals company based in Hinckley who along the way have bought local companies such as SJ Sharp (Nuneaton) established in 1935 with years of professional experience we make moving easy. Please take time to search customer reviews from social media on the companies you are considering. When you are moving home, you may well need the support of a professional moving company. We have a proud history of helping people with removals in the Hinckley area. Our well trained professional staff, along with a modern fleet of 9 vehicles, are all here to find out what you are looking for with your Hinckley house removal.
What’s Hinckley Like?
It is worth noting that Hinckley has a history going back to Anglo-Saxon times; the name Hinckley is Anglo Saxon: “Hinck” is someone’s name and “ley” is a meadow. By the time of the Domesday Book in 1086, Hinckley was quite a large village, and grew over the following 200 years into a small market town—a market was first recorded there in 1311. Now days it is a bustling, busy market town that boasts a newly developed retail site called “The Crescent” and offers modern dining, Cinema and gyms to name but a few. Hinckley is a great place to work and live and is always ready to welcome new people to the town.
Planning Your Removal: Removal Tips & Advice
Countdown to your move…
Planning and preparation are essential for a smooth house move.
• Find a solicitor to handle your conveyancing.
• Start researching removals companies in your area – see our ‘Tips on Choosing a Removals Firm’ for advice.
• Start a moving folder and keep all your documentation together in one place.
• Begin clearing out the items stored in your loft!
One Month Before Moving
A month or so before your move date, you’ll probably be starting to feel the strain a little.
• Finalise details with your estate agent and solicitor, so you know what you need to do and by when.
• Inform schools of your children’s finish and start dates.
• Dig out your legal, medical, and insurance records and put them in a safe place where they won’t get lost during the move.
• Set up post forwarding with the post office.
• Make sure your friends, family and important contacts know your new address.
• If you need to put items into storage we can help with that, just ask.
• You need to notify the DVLA (driving licenses, vehicle registration details), doctors, dentists, banks and building societies, councils,
insurance companies, private health insurance, life insurance and other key organisations of your new address.
Two Weeks before Moving
• Empty your loft, shed and garage.
• Arrange cool boxes for chilled/frozen food on removal day.
• Inform the gas, electric, water, cable, and telephone companies that you are moving and also notify TV licensing.
• At this point, it’s a good idea to keep in daily contact with your solicitors. By now you should have exchanged contracts
and have set a date for completion. This is your removal day.
• Leave a spare set of keys with your estate agent, this means you can post your keys back through the door when you
leave your old house, saving time on your moving day.
On The Day
• Talk to your removals team about the best time to pack chilled/frozen food. You want to give yourself enough time to pack
food items, but to minimise the amount of time that food is out of the fridge/freezer.
• Pack a bag of personal items you may need during the move. If you have children, pack a bag of games and activities for
the trip; remember, you may have to wait for key release, so you’ll need something to keep them occupied.
• Plan to call your solicitor at around 10.30am to check on money transfers and find out what time the key will be released.