Ibstock removals company Henry & son Ltd is conveniently located to offer a range of removals and storage services in Ibstock and the surrounding areas. We offer a local and reliable removal and storage services for people moving within Ibstock or the surrounding areas. Such as Heather, Ellistown, Swepstone, Ravenstone and Normanton le Heath.
Ibstock Removals Company – Henry & Son Ltd.
Henry and Son Ltd has over 35 years experience moving families in and around Ibstock. We are a family run Ibstock removals company who care about our customers and feel that our values of respect, courtesy and punctuality have set us apart from our competitors. From your first call our highly trained team will make sure that your move runs smoothly. We employ 23 local people that follow written processes and procedures ensuring you get the very best experience for your Ibstock removal company.
After our initial contact we will arrange for a surveyor to visit your home or premises to discuss your requirements in detail. Even at this stage we are always happy to offer any help and advice that may be needed. You will receive a free comprehensive quotation. This will include a detailed plan of your removal. Here at Henry and Son Removals we aim to always be “Removing your Stress”
Why Move To Ibstock?
Ibstock is a village and civil parish about 2.5 miles south of Coalville in North West Leicestershire, England. The population of the civil parish was 5,760 at the 2001 census increasing to 6,201 at the 2011 census. The village is on the A447 road Between Coalville and Hinckley. The toponym Ibstock could be a derivative of Ibestoche meaning the farmstead or hamlet of Ibba, which is an Old English personal name also found in other toponyms.
Planning Your Removal Day
Planning and preparation are essential for a smooth house move, in addition It can feel like there are a million and one things to do. There are certainly a lot of things to organise, so a well-planned, methodical approach will make all the difference and ease any moving stress. With this in mind your countdown needs to start a couple of months before your moving date, and certainly no later than a month before.
Two Months Before Removal Day
It may seem a really long time away, also time will pass quickly, and you don’t want to hold things up once the moving process really starts to gather pace. For this reason it’s a good idea to:
• Find a solicitor to handle your conveyancing.
• Start a moving folder and keep all your documentation together in one place.
• Begin clearing out the items stored in your loft!
One Month Before Removal Day
• Inform schools of your children’s finish and start dates, Set up post forwarding with the post office.
• You need to notify the DVLA, Doctors, Dentists, Gas, Electric, TV, Phone. Also Banks, Councils, Insurance Companies and other key organisations of your new address.
• Label each box with the room in the new home to which it should be delivered. This will help the removals team to get on with their job on moving day without having to keep stopping to ask you.
• Pack some “Open me first” boxes containing essential items that you will need immediately. Make sure these are clearly marked so they don’t get buried under other boxes. See our ‘Packing Like a Pro’ section for more packing tips.
On Removal Day
• Talk to your Ibstock removals company about the best time to pack chilled/frozen food. In particular you want to give yourself enough time to pack food items, but to minimise the amount of time that food is out of the fridge/freezer.
• Pack a bag of personal items you may need during the move. If you have children, pack a bag of games and activities for the trip; remember, you may have to wait for key release, so you’ll need something to keep them occupied.
• Plan to call your solicitor at around 10.30am to check on money transfers and find out what time the key will be released.