Professional, Stress Free Removals at Great Prices
Leamingtons Removal Company
Henry & Son offers quality removals and local and long distance home moving services in Leamington Spa. We offer fast, free Quotations tailored specifically for your move that will include the things that matter to you most.
Furthermore we offer great prices from a team of 25 trained removal professionals, your satisfaction is guaranteed. We need to find out what is important to you when choosing a removal company, only then can we provide a service that you will be truly happy with. In addition to this we offer Full Packing Services, Unpacking Services Dismantling and Rebuilding of furniture, garden items and even disconnection and reconnection of washing machines and dish washers! Call our experts now for tips and adice for your Leamington Removal….
Get Your Free Quote Today
Complete our simple quote form
Why Choose Us?
Professional high quality family run business
Moving local people since 1935
Fully insured giving you a peace of mind
Friendly, fully trained and CRB checked team
We will always be on time guaranteed
See what our happy customers
say about our service:
Looking to save money?
Move Monday – Wednesday for a discount
Need secure storage at
Let us call You
Simply complete the form below and we will call you back at your convenience
Local, Established Family Run Removals Company.
We offer a full range of professional removal and storage solutions for both home and business. Moving can be a stressful event, by choosing the right partner in Henry and Son Removals as your moving and storage company, we will ensure that everything will go according to plan and your removal experience will be one to remember and not forget, for all of the right reasons.
Whatever your situation, Henry and Son Removals is a removal and storage company who always personalise the entire move to suit your needs. In addition, when home in Leamington we offer a full range of professional removal and storage solutions from one bedroom flats to large Victorian houses to multi storey office blocks; Henry and Son Removals can undertake all sizes of private and commercial removals. We have an experienced team of 25 employees and a fleet of 6 specialised removal vehicles, not to mention purpose built storage facilities to help us deal with any removal request.
By the same token, customer feedback is of great importance to us and as members of The British Association of Removers we work to a code of practice that has been approved by the Trading Standards Institute. Firthermore, customer feed back has become very important in choosing a service provider, social media platforms enable un-policed reviews to be shared with prospective clients so that you can have more informed choice. Please visit our facebook page or look at our Google Places reviews to determine if we would be a good fit for your removal partner?
Why Move To Leamington?
If you are choosing to move to the Leamington Spa area is worth noting that Leamington, originally a small village called Leamington Priors it grew into a spa town in the 18th century following the popularisation of its water which was reputed to have medicinal qualities, in the 19th century the town experienced one of the most rapid expansions in England. It is named after the River Leam, which flows through the town. The town contains especially fine ensembles of Regency architecture, particularly in parts of the Parade, Clarendon Square and Lansdowne Circus.
Planning Your Removal Day
Planning and preparation are essential for a smooth house move, in addition It can feel like there are a million and one things to do. There are certainly a lot of things to organise, so a well-planned, methodical approach will make all the difference and ease any moving stress. With this in mind your countdown needs to start a couple of months before your moving date, and certainly no later than a month before.
Two Months Before Removal Day
It may seem a really long time away, also time will pass quickly, and you don’t want to hold things up once the moving process really starts to gather pace. For this reason it’s a good idea to:
• Find a solicitor to handle your conveyancing.
• Start a moving folder and keep all your documentation together in one place.
• Begin clearing out the items stored in your loft!
One Month Before Removal Day
• Inform schools of your children’s finish and start dates, Set up post forwarding with the post office.
• You need to notify the DVLA, Doctors, Dentists, Gas, Electric, TV, Phone, Banks, Councils, Insurance Companies and other key organisations of your new address.
• Agree a date for exchange of contracts and the date for completion (move day).
• Arrange cool boxes for chilled/frozen food on removal day.
• Label each box with the room in the new home to which it should be delivered. This will help the removals team
to get on with their job on moving day without having to keep stopping to ask you.
• Pack some “Open me first” boxes containing essential items that you will need immediately. Make sure these are clearly
marked so they don’t get buried under other boxes. See our ‘Packing Like a Pro’ section for more packing tips.
• At this point, it’s a good idea to keep in daily contact with your solicitors. By now you should have exchanged contracts
and have set a date for completion. This is your removal day.
• A point often overlooked is to leave a spare set of keys with your estate agent, this means you can post your keys back through the door when you leave your old house, saving time on your moving day.
On Removal Day
• Talk to your removals team about the best time to pack chilled/frozen food. In particular you want to give yourself enough time to pack food items, but to minimise the amount of time that food is out of the fridge/freezer.
• Pack a bag of personal items you may need during the move. If you have children, pack a bag of games and activities for
the trip; remember, you may have to wait for key release, so you’ll need something to keep them occupied.
• Plan to call your solicitor at around 10.30am to check on money transfers and find out what time the key will be released.