Who Are Henry & Son?
Leicester removal company Henry & Son Ltd are a team of 25 staff, 6 removal vehicles and 15,000 sqft of storage warehousing. It’s worth mentioning straight away that we follow written processes and procedures to ensure we get it right for you, every time! Conveniently located to offer a fantastic range of removals and storage services in Leicester. We offer reliable removal service for people moving within Leicester, to begin with why not look at our online reviews?
Removal Services in Leicester
As well as having over 35 years of experience moving families in and around Leicester we are a family run removals business who genuinely care about our clients. Or to put it another way, a team of people who care about what they do and how they make you feel? A company that has values of respect, courtesy and punctuality, these values have set us apart from others.
Why Move To Leicester?
It’s a city in England’s East Midlands region. The Cathedral, where Richard III was reinterred in 2015, has stood at the city’s heart for over 900 years. Close by, the King Richard III Visitor Center tells the story of the king’s life and death and displays his original burial site. New Walk Museum & Art Gallery displays natural and cultural exhibits. Our National Space Center has interactive galleries, a planetarium and the Rocket Tower. Next door, the red-brick Abbey Pumping Station houses Leicester’s Museum of Science and Technology, where exhibits include massive engines and Victorian toilets. King Power Stadium, home of Leicester City Football Club, runs behind-the-scenes tours.
Planning Your Removal Day
Planning and preparation are essential for a smooth house move, in addition It can feel like there are a million and one things to do. Surprisingly there are a lot of things to organise, so a well-planned, methodical approach will make all the difference and ease any moving stress. With this in mind your countdown needs to start a couple of months before your moving date, and certainly no later than a month before.
Two Months Before Removal Day
To begin with:
• Find a solicitor to handle your Leicster Removal conveyancing.
• Start a moving folder and keep all your documentation together in one place.
• Begin clearing out the items stored in your loft, garage, garden and shed!
One Month Before Removal Day
• You need to notify the DVLA, Schools, Doctors, Dentists. Also Gas, Electric, TV, Phone, Banks, Councils, Insurance Companies and other key organisations of your new address.
• Additionally you may ewant to arrange cool boxes for chilled/frozen food on removal day.
• A point often overlooked is to leave a spare set of keys with your estate agent. This means you can post your keys back through the door when you leave your old house, saving time on your moving day.
On Removal Day
• Talk to your Leicester Removals team about the best time to pack chilled/frozen food. In particular you want to give yourself enough time to pack food items. Specifically you need to minimise the amount of time that food is out of the fridge/freezer.
• Likewise, pack a bag of personal items you may need during the move. If you have children, pack a bag of games and activities for the trip. It’s important to realise you may have to wait for key release, so basically you’ll need something to keep them occupied.
•Above all plan to call your solicitor at around 10.30am to check on money transfers and find out what time the key will be released?