Tamworth Removal Experts
Tamworth Removal company Henry & Son is a local well established removal and storage company based 15 minutes away on the Atherstone side of Hinckley just off the A5. Being located handy to Tamworth we are among the top removal services in the UK and knowing that your precious possessions will be handled with professionalism and care will pay dividends throughout this challenging time. Established in 1982 we are a family run business and have years of experience in managing home removals in the Tamworth area. Henry and Son removals have the expertise to safely pack, move, store and unpack for those moving home or workplace across town or to another part of the country.
What We Do
As professional house movers, we offer pre-move surveys and can provide a full packing service, dismantling and rebuilding of furniture and even disconnection of washing machines and dish washers! So whatever you are moving and however far, you can trust us to safely and securely move your furniture, personal belongings and most treasured items. If you would like to know more about what it is we do, or how we can help you, please feel free to get in touch with us today and we will assist you in any way we can with your Tamworth removal, call Henry and Son Removals.
Why Move To Tamworth?
If you are moving to Tamworth it is worth noting that it is a large market town in Staffordshire, England, 14 miles northeast of Birmingham and 103 miles northwest of London. Bordering Warwickshire to the south and east, and Lichfield to the north and west, Tamworth takes its name from the River Tame, which flows through it. In 2015, it had a population of 77,157. The town’s main industries include logistics, engineering, clothing, brick, tile and paper manufacture. Until 2001 it was also home to the Reliant car company, which produced the three wheeled Robin and the Scimitar Sports Car. The Snowdome is the UK’s first full-sized real-snow indoor ski slope and only a short distance away is Drayton Manor Theme Park.
Planning Your Removal Day
Planning and preparation are essential for a smooth house move, in addition It can feel like there are a million and one things to do. There are certainly a lot of things to organise, so a well-planned, methodical approach will make all the difference and ease any moving stress. With this in mind your countdown needs to start a couple of months before your moving date, and certainly no later than a month before.
Two Months Before Removal Day
It may seem a really long time away, also time will pass quickly, and you don’t want to hold things up once the moving process really starts to gather pace. For this reason it’s a good idea to:
• Find a solicitor to handle your conveyancing.
• Start a moving folder and keep all your documentation together in one place.
• Begin clearing out the items stored in your loft!
One Month Before Removal Day
• Inform schools of your children’s finish and start dates, Set up post forwarding with the post office.
• You need to notify the DVLA, Doctors, Dentists, Gas, Electric, TV, Phone, Banks, Councils, Insurance Companies and other key organisations of your new address.
• Label each box with the room in the new home to which it should be delivered. This will help the removals team
to get on with their job on moving day without having to keep stopping to ask you.
• A point often overlooked is to leave a spare set of keys with your estate agent, this means you can post your keys back through the door when you leave your old house, saving time on your moving day.
On Removal Day
• Talk to your removals team about the best time to pack chilled/frozen food. In particular you want to give yourself enough time to pack food items, but to minimise the amount of time that food is out of the fridge/freezer.
• Pack a bag of personal items you may need during the move. If you have children, pack a bag of games and activities for
the trip; remember, you may have to wait for key release, so you’ll need something to keep them occupied.
• Plan to call your solicitor at around 10.30am to check on money transfers and find out what time the key will be released.